Watch the vide below to learn how to submit a test file.
A test file is an interactive tool that allows you to review your data for formatting issues and other common errors prior to uploading the actual data via your secure FTP site.
The test file tool provides instantaneous feedback that helps you revise, update, and verify data to facilitate faster processing times and keep the cost of the service down.
- Log into your StudentTracker for High Schools Account.
- Select the Research Services tab.
- Click Submit a Test File.
- Select either Graduate or Request from the drop-down menu. See Submit a Graduate File or Submit a Request File for more information.
- Click Browse and select the file.
- Click Upload. If a warning appears, you will need to review it before submitting the file; however, the file will still be successfully submitted.
There is a 1,000 record limit for files submitted through StudentTracker.
Viewing the Error Resolution Details
Once the test file is uploaded, you will receive instant feedback on the error resolution screen, which provides information about why the file received errors and/or warnings as well as the steps you can take to correct them. Click Print to print the error resolution details.
- Type Column: Indicates whether the issue is an error or a warning. You can successfully submit a file with warnings; however, you must resolve errors before you can successfully submit a file.
- Section Column: Indicates where the issue appear in the file.
- Description Column: Describes the issue.
- Proposed Solution Column: Suggests how to correct the issue.
- Number of Affective Records Column: Displays the number of total records with issues.
- Row Numbers Column: Lists the row in which the issue appears.